[L’information ci-dessous est en anglais, mais nous avons un résumé de cette information ICI]
Dear QPIRG Concordia members and supporters —
QPIRG Concordia’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) took place last October 9, 2014, attended at the high point by more than sixty of our members, including more than thirty Concordia student members. Thank you to everyone who came out to participate in this important process for our organization.
Our AGM is an excellent occasion to share some updates about our organization. [:]Much of the key information below is also shared at the Fee Levy Info link on our website HERE.
i) Board of Directors
QPIRG Concordia is directed and managed by a Board of Directors comprised of six student positions, and six community positions, We can announce that QPIRG Concordia’s new Board of Directors for 2014-15, elected at the October 9, 2014 AGM, will be:
Student Members: Kwaku Adomoko, Shayla Chilliak, Farhana J. Haque, Laura Boo Macdonald, Thien Viet Quan and Dan Wolfe.
Community Members: Shaina Agbayani, Otto Buxton-Vincentini, Alyce Dressner, Idil Isse, Jess Mac and Sophia Salem.
Thank you to everyone who ran for our Board of Directors and will be supporting QPIRG Concordia in this way in the coming year.
We would like to again thank everyone who served on our outgoing (2013-14) Board of Directors: Ian Bradley-Perrin, Otto Buxton-Vincentini, Karina Chagnon, Shayla Chilliak, LeeLee Davis, Asher Faerstein, Lael Kim, Jess Mac, Akki Mackay, Lindsay Nixon, Cassie Smith, Bader Takriti, Thien Viet Quan and Keara Yim (welcome back Otto, Shayla, Jess and Thien).
ii) Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The AGM is an opportunity to report back to the QPIRG Concordia membership and also to respond to questions. During the AGM, we heard reports from the following QPIRG staff and volunteers:
- – Otto Buxton-Vincentini provided a report on behalf of the outgoing Board of Directors;
– Christina Xydous provided a report about the Study In Action Undergraduate and Community Research Conference, as well a report as the Volunteer and Administration Coordinator;
– Noah Eidelman provided a report about Disorientation, as well as a financial report as the Finance and Fundraising Coordinator;
– Jaggi Singh provided a report as the Programming and Working Groups Coordinator;
– Gwen Muir provided a report about the Community-University Research Exchange (which also involved the contributions of William Butcher);
– Jay Manicom provided a report about the School Schmool Alternative Agenda (which also involved the contributions of Cera Yiu);
– Swetha Keerthi provided a report about the Poster Archive Project (which also involved the contributions of Vince Teateart);
– Elena Stoodley provided a report about the Alternative Library;
– Kama Maureemootoo provided a report about the Convergence Journal;
– A report-back was also provided about this year’s summer research stipend project by the Indigenous Women and Two-Spirit Harm Reduction Coalition (more info HERE).
The AGM also approved a slight modification to QPIRG Concordia’s constitution (see below), as well as electing a new Board of Directors and CRCC.
iii) Annual Report
Every year QPIRG Concordia produces a written Annual Report providing more detailed information than the AGM oral reports.
The 2013-14 Annual Report is available online HERE.
Some highlights from the Annual Report include:
– Message from the Board of Directors
– Message from the QPIRG Concordia Staff
– QPIRG Board Committee Reports: Policy; Finance; Programming & Working Groups; Staff Liaison; Accessibility
– Core Projects and Activities Reports: Alternative Library; Community-University Research Exchange (CURE); Study In Action; Convergence Journal; School Schmool Alternative Agenda; Disorientation; Research Stipend
– Programming and Working Groups Event Highlights
– Discretionary Funding and Endorsements
– Working Groups 2013-14
– Financial Reports: Draft Financial Statements 10/1/2013-08/31/2014; Audit Report ending August 31, 2013
iv) Financial Information
Our most recent externally audited financial statements can be downloaded HERE.
We are expecting our audited statements for the fiscal year ending on September 30, 2014 to be ready in the coming months. Our Annual Report includes our Draft Financial Statements from October 2013 to August 2014 (inclusive).
QPIRG Concordia is registered as an Organisation à but non lucratif (OBNL) with the Régistre des enterprises du Québec. Our NEQ # is 1143320613.
As per our constitution, the AGM also elects a Conflict Resolution and Complaints Committee (CRCC). Our new CRCC for 2014-15 will be comprised of the following QPIRG Concordia members who were elected at the AGM: Ian Bradley-Perrin; Karina Chagnon; Milena Gioia and Cassie Smith.
Our outgoing CRCC was comprised of: Milena Gioia, Carolin Huang, Tanya Magni, and Kayle Towsley (welcome back Milena).
As noted at the AGM, and as per previous years, our outgoing CRCC had nothing to report concerning conflicts or complaints.
QPIRG Concordia’s AGM and day-to-day functioning is guided by our Constitution.
This year, we made a slight modification to our constitution, which was announced in advance HERE.
Our updated constitution is available HERE.
vii) Stay in touch
If you have any questions about this report-back, or any feedback, please share it with us at email@example.com. Visit our website for ongoing updates about the activities of QPIRG Concordia. Definitely get in touch if you’d like to get more involved with QPIRG Concordia core projects and activities.
Here’s how you can stay in touch:
– Follow us on twitter.
– Join our facebook page.
– Subscribe to our low-volume, moderated, e-mail announcements list.
– Visit our up-to-date website.