QPIRG Concordia is hiring a Community Archive Coordinator for the Winter Semester (January-April 2016).
For Quebec work study students at Concordia University (undergraduate or graduate).
Deadline Extended: Thursday, January 12, 2017, before 5pm.
CONTRACT & ELIGIBILITY DETAILS: Please note that this position is open to Concordia students (undergraduate or graduate) approved for Quebec work study positions. For more information about the work study program, and your potential eligibility, visit: http://faao.concordia.ca/workstudy/[:]
WORK STUDY PROJECT NUMBER: Q 27468-33
DURATION: January-April 2017
KNOWLEDGE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
– experience with and working knowledge with websites (including WordPress) as well as with databases
– ability to work independently and with groups
– very good written and oral communication skills in English
– ability to communicate with people of diverse backgrounds
– volunteering experience and/or working within a volunteer organization
– proven organizational and time management skills
– ability to take initiative and work independently
– creative problem-solving skills
– database maintenance
– knowledge of the local social justice milieu
– commitment to social justice and to QPIRG’s mandate to counter discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, religion, colour, dis/ability, size, and class
– skills in volunteer recruitment, retention, and coordination
– skills in graphic design
– written and oral communication skills in French and other languages
– experience working with archives and databases
– computer skills, including code and programming knowledge
– Work with QPIRG staff and volunteers to identify improving and promoting the Grassroots Resistance Archive
– Develop strategies to publicize the Grassroots Resistance Archive to Concordia students and the broader community
– Scan, digitize and catalogue archival materials (including posters, pamphlets and publications);
– Update and improve the online archive;
– Organize and maintain the physical archive;
– Update and improve the website, including database and graphic design;
– Promote the Grassroots Resistance Archive through outreach materials as well as at least one public event;
– Incorporate archival materials from QPIRG Concordia working groups and community organizations into the archive;
– Submit a final report detailing work completed to the board of directors at the end of the work study period.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
EMPLOYMENT EQUITY: QPIRG Concordia recognizes and welcomes the unique contributions that individuals from marginalized and oppressed communities bring to our organization, and invites these individuals to apply. We encourage applicants to describe the unique contributions they, as individuals with diverse experiences, would bring to QPIRG Concordia in their cover letter or resume. Please indicate clearly in your cover letter that you would like to be considered for Employment Equity. A full copy of the employment equity policy is available upon request.
ABOUT QPIRG CONCORDIA: The Quebec Public Interest Research Group at Concordia is a resource centre for student and community research and organizing. We strive to raise awareness and support grassroots activism around diverse social and environmental issues. Our work is rooted in an anti-oppression analysis and practice. We seek to make campus-community links and inspire social change through engaging, inclusive and non-hierarchical approaches.