QPIRG Concordia is hiring a Temporary Assistant Administrative Coordinator!
QPIRG Concordia is committed to employment equity and practices of accessibility as an ongoing process. Women, Indigenous peoples, members of racialized groups, people with disabilities, and members of other historically marginalized communities are encouraged to apply. When candidates do not differ significantly in merit, and one such candidate belongs to a historically underrepresented group, Employment Equity requires that the member in this group will be selected and appropriate accessibility considerations will be arranged as they arise.
The Quebec Public Interest Research Group at Concordia is a resource centre for student and community research and organizing. We strive to raise awareness and support grassroots activism around diverse social and environmental issues. Our work is rooted in an anti-oppression analysis and practice. We seek to make campus-community links and inspire social change through engaging, inclusive and non-hierarchical approaches. QPIRG Concordia is committed to being inclusive and accessible to all. We are actively opposed to all forms of discrimination and oppression.
QPIRG C is a collaborative work environment in which all core staff provide support for ongoing projects, and as such, while the candidate will be hired for the position of Assistant Administrative Coordinator (?), they are also expected to contribute to and participate in fulfilling all aspects of QPIRG’s mandate.
This is a temporary 3-month contract. Tasks will vary depending on needs at the time but could include any of the following:
Tasks and Responsibilities include:
– Assuring smooth administrative functioning of the organization
– Board of Directors Training
– Assistance with finance documentation and filing
– Help coordinating programming
– Outreach & social media
– Working with other staff to maintain a welcoming space*
-Updating website (wordpress)
-Other administrative tasks as needed, to be determined with other staff members
– Self-motivated and organized, with excellent time management and communication skills
– Proven experience in the field of administration for nonprofits
– Good-to-excellent working background with budgets and financial planning
– Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Google Suite
– Written and spoken English, French welcomed
– Have access to reliable internet connection and personal computer
– Solution oriented
– Able to work well both independently and collaboratively in a non-hierarchical, feminist, anti-racist environment
– Demonstrated dedication to social justice
– Familiarity with Concordia University, its institutions and its – campus organizations
– Experience working with nonprofit boards, non-hierarchical environments and collective decision making
– Ability to use Excel, and Google Drive
Deadline for submission: Wednesday November 4th, midnight
Send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Assistant Administrative Coordinator Application” in the subject line. Cover letters can be addressed to the Hiring Committee.
Duration: Minimum 3 month contract, with possible extension. November 2020 – February 2021
Hours: 15 hours a week
Start date: November 9th, 2020 for 10 hours of training the first week, 5 additional hours of training along with 5 hours of work the second week, then 15 hours a week from then on.