Free food served at 5:30pm.
Our space is wheelchair accessible. Children welcome!
• Interested in QPIRG Concordia?
• Want to get involved? Visit our space? Check out the library?
• Think you’d like to join the board? (more details below)
Show your support and exercise your rights as a member!
The meeting will include an introduction to some of QPIRG’s activities, resources and campaigns, as well as the election of our board of directors and conflict resolution and complaints committee.
* We have doors approximately 30”, an elevator and an accessible women’s washroom, but as yet no automated doorways.
**Free childcare provided during the AGM, from 6:30pm until the end of the meeting. Please give 48 hours notice to let us know if children will be joining you.
***Everyone is invited to attend, though you must be a member to vote or run for the board or the conflict resolution and complaints committee. To become a member, you can: volunteer at least 10 hours per year OR pay $10 OR be a Concordia undergrad or graduate student (bring your student ID).
AGM 2012 Agenda
2) AGM 2011 Minutes Approval
3) QPIRG and Core Project Reports
i) Board of Directors Report
ii) Staff Reports: Volunteer and Administrative Coordinator; Finance and Fundraising Coordinator; Programming and Working Groups Coordinator
iii) Core Projects and other activities: Community-University Research Exchange (CURE); School Schmool; Alternative Library; Convergence; Study In Action; Art In Action; Disorientation; Summer Research Stipend
4) Questions about Reports
5) Candidates and Elections for Conflict Resolution and Complaints Committee (CRCC)
6) Candidates and Elections for QPIRG Concordia Board of Directors
7) Community Event Announcements
8) Election Results
Help support grassroots activism on campus and in the community!
Learn valuable skills about how to run a social justice nonprofit organization!
• Do you want to know more about activism and grassroots organizing in Montreal?
• Do you want to gain skills in event planning, finance for non-profits, anti oppression, policy writing, consensus decision-making, and equitable labour practices?
• Do you want to find out how community organizations function?
• Do you want to take an active role in the decision–making that sustains the day-to-day running of QPIRG?
Join the Board of Directors at QPIRG Concordia!
** The QPIRG board is comprised of twelve members, with six spots reserved for Concordia students (undergrad or graduate) and six for community members with past volunteer experience with the organization. Being a member of the board means attending biweekly board meetings, joining one or more board committees, and taking on additional tasks as necessary throughout the year. It is an average 5hrs/week commitment and a fantastic learning opportunity! Please get in touch for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
QPIRG Concordia’s Mandate:
The Quebec Public Interest Research Group at Concordia is a resource centre for student and community research and organizing. We strive to raise awareness and support grassroots activism around diverse social and environmental issues. Our work is rooted in an anti-oppression analysis and practice. We seek to make campus-community links and inspire social change through engaging, inclusive and non-hierarchical approaches.
QPIRG Concordia is committed to being inclusive and accessible to all. We are actively opposed to all forms of discrimination and oppression. QPIRG is a volunteer-driven, student-funded, non-profit organization that is independent from the Concordia administration and student union. Both students and community members are welcome to make use of our space and resources as well as participate in QPIRG projects.
QPIRG looks forward to seeing our commitment to inclusivity and accessibility reflected in our board membership.
IMPORTANT: please email us your interest before October 4, 2012: email@example.com
Board elections will take place at our Annual General Meeting on Thursday October 11th at 6:30pm, 1500, de Maisonneuve West, # 204.